Our team offers a wealth of LGBTQ family building options for men and women
At Midwest Fertility Specialists (MFS), we believe that everyone deserves the chance to have a family. To help make parenthood dreams come true, our Indiana fertility specialists offer comprehensive LGBTQ family building services. From intrauterine insemination (IUI) with donor sperm, to in vitro fertilization (IVF) with donor eggs and surrogacy, we offer many options.
Exploring family building services for gay men
When gay men want to have a child, our Indiana fertility specialists suggest IVF with donor eggs and gestational surrogacy. Managing an IVF cycle with an egg donor and a surrogate can be complex. As a result, our team coordinates every aspect of your individualized treatment plan.
To begin treatment using this LGBTQ family building option, you and your partner (if applicable) will undergo diagnostic testing to ensure that male infertility is not an issue. Next, the MFS team can help you select an egg donor and a surrogate. From there, the process will proceed as follows.
- Your egg donor will take medications to stimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. One of our doctors will then retrieve them during an outpatient procedure.
- Our embryologists will fertilize the eggs in the IVF laboratory using sperm from you or your partner.
- Your fertility doctor will transfer one of the resulting embryos to your surrogate’s uterus.
If you have any embryos remaining, you can freeze and store them to use as part of a future surrogate pregnancy.
A wealth of LGBTQ family building options for women
Women who visit our Indiana fertility specialists have many options for LGBTQ family building. Your doctor will perform diagnostic testing for you and your partner (if applicable) to determine whether there are any female fertility issues. Armed with this information, you and your doctor can decide which of the following treatment options are best for you.
- IUI involves using a catheter to place washed and prepared sperm into your or your partner’s uterus.
- IVF can increase the likelihood of pregnancy success. It involves multiple steps, including ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, fertilization and embryo transfer.
- Reciprocal IVF allows you and your partner to both play a role in the conception and birth of your child. One of you will provide the eggs and the other will carry the pregnancy.
These options all will require donor sperm, and our team can direct you to reputable sperm banks. There, you can review comprehensive information about each anonymous donor to select the best fit for your family. You can also ask someone you know to be your sperm donor.
Fertility options for transgender and transitioning patients
The MFS team also offers fertility support for women and men who are transgender or transitioning. The most popular options are sperm and egg freezing. Before medically or surgically transitioning, you can freeze your reproductive materials. Doing so gives you the option to have biological children in the future.
Making the dream of parenthood come true
Our Indiana fertility specialists are proud to serve the LGBTQ community with an inclusive approach to fertility care. Contact us to learn more about our fertility services.