The novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and associated disease (COVID-19) are understandably causing a lot of concern among people undergoing fertility treatment. We wish to assure all of our current and new patients that we are closely monitoring the situation and will remain by your side to help you meet your family-building goals. Your health and safety, and that of our care team, is our top priority.
Midwest Fertility Specialists is following the guidance of national, state and local governments to keep the risk of spreading the virus as low as possible, as we resume providing fertility treatment services in the upcoming weeks and months.
What Our Patients Need to Know
Our offices are open and staffed with physicians, nurses and office support staff. However, we are encouraging patients to use our telemedicine services as much as possible for consultations, and to reserve in-office appointments for testing and procedures. A few important things to know:
- Many aspects of fertility care can be handled without an in-person appointment, so our telemedicine services will continue to be available.
- All new patient visits, and visits for established patients who are not in cycle, will continue to take place through telemedicine.
- We have resumed fertility treatment services but with added precautions and adjustments in timing. Our goal is to continue to do our part to keep the risk of spread and exposure as low as possible in the community. Please be patient with us as we work with you to provide these services in a safe manner.
- If you are coming in for an appointment related to an IUI or IVF cycle, you will be asked to wear a protecting face covering. Please bring a homemade cloth mask, in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- If you visit our offices, you must undergo screening upon arrival, and you may not bring any family or friends with you. It is important that we minimize the number of people in the office.
Please see detailed information below, and visit our FAQ page if you have specific questions about COVID-19 and fertility or pregnancy.
Information for Patients Who are Currently Undergoing IUI or IVF
To support those patients who are already in-cycle, we will use both telemedicine and in-office visits for monitoring. We are taking extra precautions to ensure your safety and support the recommended social distancing measures.
- If you are in-cycle and have an in-office appointment, please do not bring anyone with you. Others who accompany you must wait outside of our office building or in their vehicle. Please make childcare arrangements.
- We have added extra disinfection practices for our facilities, which are always maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness and safety. We will provide personal protective equipment for our staff members, which protects both them and you. We ask that you please arrive wearing a homemade cloth mask, in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- All patients and employees who enter our office will be screened for symptoms daily, and will be asked about potential exposures. Anyone exhibiting any symptoms will be asked to reschedule.
- If you have been exposed to anyone suspected to have COVID-19, have traveled recently, or are experiencing even mild cold or flu-like symptoms, please call our office and let us know before arriving for any scheduled appointment.
Once all current cycles are complete, we will provide additional services between procedure cycles through telemedicine.
Information for Patients Preparing for a Cycle
We understand the emotional and financial investments you have made in your fertility treatment, and our first priority is the safety of you, your loved ones, and our team members. We will continue to closely follow updates to the guidance statements issued by national, state and local authorities, as well as ASRM, and will continue to make modifications in the coming weeks and months.
For all new patients, and existing patients who are not currently in-cycle, all appointments will take place by telemedicine.
We understand that this is a stressful time for everyone, and especially for people who need fertility care and are eager to grow their families. Because time is of the essence, we will employ every available option to ensure that you continue moving forward on your fertility journey. We are currently able to support many aspects of fertility care through video consultations, and are exploring all options for testing as needed to ensure timeliness for each and every individual.
Our office support team is available to assist you with questions about insurance coverage and out-of-pocket costs for remote visits. Please contact us for assistance.
We Are Here for You
We understand that right now, there are many unknowns. We wish to reassure you that one thing will not change: We will always be here to support you and help you achieve the family of your dreams. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.