MFS offers a wealth of female fertility treatments that range from basic to advanced
Midwest Fertility Specialists (MFS) exists to help patients become parents. Using the latest male and female fertility treatments, our team can help women and men overcome the many causes of infertility. From fertility medications and IUI, to IVF and advanced laboratory procedures, our Indiana fertility clinic offers options that can meet your unique needs, goals and budget.
Getting infertility testing is the first step
The best fertility treatment plan is the one that our doctors design to address the patient’s specific cause of infertility. To determine this, our team takes a thorough family and medical history, followed by comprehensive infertility testing for the male and the female partner. For the woman, this testing may involve the following components.
- Bloodwork assesses the woman’s hormone levels and estimates her ovarian reserve (egg supply).
- A transvaginal ultrasound allows our doctors to visualize the uterus and the ovaries.
- A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is a way for our team to determine whether there are any blockages in a woman’s fallopian tubes.
Upon receiving the test results, our Indiana fertility clinic team will explain them to the patient and recommend female fertility treatments. The goal is to educate and empower.
Female fertility treatments are the next step on the path to parenthood
After reviewing a patient’s test results, it’s time for our doctors to develop a personalized treatment protocol. Depending on the patient’s needs, it could include any of the following options.
- Fertility medications, including Clomid and injectable gonadotropins, can promote ovarian stimulation. Patients can take these medications with another fertility treatment or as part of timed intercourse.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) involves inserting washed and prepared sperm into the uterus through the vagina using a catheter (a thin, flexible tube).
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) involves multiple steps, including ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, fertilization and embryo transfer. Patients can opt to add on advanced laboratory services, such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) or preimplantation genetic testing (PGT).
- Donor eggs and gestational surrogacy can help women who need a generous woman to provide her eggs or carry the pregnancy.
- Egg freezing is a great way for women to preserve their eggs for future use. Many women who want to postpone motherhood select this option.
Our Indiana fertility clinic team prefers to start with basic and cost-effective female fertility treatments before moving to more advanced options. However, a patient’s test results may indicate that starting with a more advanced option will provide the best chance of pregnancy. If this is the case, the doctor will review the costs and benefits with the patient before moving forward.
Find the right treatment for you
Because MFS offers multiple types of fertility treatment, our team can treat the many causes of female infertility, from the common to the complex. If you’re ready to learn more or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us. We’ll get you started on the path to parenthood.